UWI-500 TP welding inverter
- Product Group: 191
- Product number: 500500
Compact and powerful for a complete solution on board, the UWI 500 TP cover all arc welding processes that can be needed on board. Process selection on front panel provides quick and easy selection of optimal welding characteristics for normal stick electrodes, cellulosic stick electrodes, TIG (with Lift Arc), wire welding and air carbon arc gouging. 5-500A current range covers the use of any size of welding electrodes and parallel connection of two machines provide 1000A for the most power demanding Air Carbon Arc gouging tasks. Low weight and compact dimensions provide easy transport to wherever welding is needed. A specially designed trolley is also available for easy transport along deck
- The UWI-500TP is designed for welding with all types and sizes of welding wires, coated electrodes, carbon electrodes and TIG rods, with current range: 5 – 500A.
- Line Voltage compensation keeps output of the power source constant regardless of fluctuation in input power from 10% below lowest to above highest rated input voltage.
- Total Protection function with indicator light prevents machine damage if one phase in the primary power supply falls out or if over-voltage is supplied to the machine.
- Thermal overload protection with indicator lights helps prevent machine damage if the duty cycle is exceeded or airflow is blocked.
- Safe in use. The Voltage Reduction Device function reduces touchable open circuit voltage to only 9V, providing optimal safety for the operator.
- The remote amperage control can be used for all processes, and also for two machines in parallel for up to 1000 Amperes for Air Carbon Arc gouging.
- Separate characteristics are available for welding with standard electrodes, for cellulosic electrodes, for TIG, for Air Carbon Arc gouging and for Wire welding with or without shielding gas. This ensures optimal properties for all processes
- Adjustable Hot Start for MMA welding provides optimal arc striking for all electrode types and prevents electrode sticking.
- Adjustable Arc Force for MMA welding allows the arc characteristics to be changed for specific applications and electrodes.
- 2-step TIG-torch control with Lift-Arc provides an easy and soft TIG arc start, and remote control from 5 amp to maximum ensures total arc control both during welding and for the down-slope finish of the weld.
Adjustable gas post-flow prevents faults in the end phase of the weld.
Welding current range
VRD Open circuit voltage
Duty cycle at max current
Power supply voltage
Power supply cycles
Recommended fuses (slow)
Required accessories for stick electrode welding
ACCESSORIES KIT F/UWI-230,-320,-500
Consisting of: electrode holder with 3m cable and connector, return clamp with 3m cable and connector, remote control with 8m cable, welding gloves, face shield with head band, flip-up front and shade 11 glass, chipping hammer, wire brush & Unitor welding handbook
General accessories recommended for welding:
LEATHER SPATS. PAIR
LEATHER TROUSERS W/BELT
LEATHER JACKET LARGE
WELDERS GLOVES. 6 PAIRS
SHADE 11 GLASS. 5SET
SHADE 10 GLASS. 5SET
SHADE 9 GLASS. 5SET
AUTODARK 820 FRESHAIR COMPLETE
AUTODARK 300 WELDING SHIELD
FLIPVISION WELDING FACE SHIELD
FACE SHIELD W/HANDLE
UNDERCARRIAGE FOR UWI-500TP
Recommended accessories for stick electrode welding:
WIRE BRUSH STAINL. 6PCS
EL.HOLDER 400A WITH DIX70 CONNECTOR
RETURN CLAMP ASSY 400A W/DIX 70
WIRE BRUSH STEEL. 6PCS
CHIPPING HAMMER ST. 2PCS
CHIPPING HAMMER STAINLESS
WELDING GAUGE TYPE J
Recommended accessories for TIG welding):
TIG TORCH T-200 W.DIX 70 CONNECTOR
TIG TORCH ACCESSORIES KIT
TIG GLOVES. 6 PAIRS
ARGON E-10 FILLING
ARGON E-50 FILLING
TROLLEY F/1 40-50L GAS CYLINDER
REGULATOR 510 AR/CO2 FLOW 0-35L/MIN
MANOMETER/GAUGE GUARD +
FLOWCONTROL VALVE, ARGON
HOSE JOINT F/6MM (1/4 INCH) OX HOSE
CLAMP 1 EAR 12,3-14,3MM 1/4" HOSE
FLOWCONTROL METER, ARGON
GAS HOSE 1/4" 6.3MM BLACK
Recommended accessories for Air Carbom Arc gouging 600A:
AIR CARBON ARC TORCH 600A
CONVERSION ASSEM. 2 PCS
Recommended cable extensions:
REMOTE CONTROLCABLE FOR UWI-320/500
WELDING CABLE 50 MM2
WELDING CABLE 70 MM2
CABLE CONNECTOR DIX70 MALE-FEMALE
CABLE DRUM W/CRANK
Parallel connection of two machines at the work site (both machines always on and with parallel remote)
TRIPLE CONNECTION DIX-70 MMF, 2 PCS
REMOTE CONTROL PARALLEL CONNECTION
REMOTE CONTROL FOR UWI-320/400
Recommended spare parts
SPARE PART KIT FOR UWI-500TP
For Wire Welding see product 500102 UWF-102 Wire Feeder: