Descaling Liquid 25 l
- Product Group: 651
- Product number: 571653
Descaling Liquid is a liquid acid containing descaling accelerators, corrosion-inhibitors and wetting agents.
- Acid based product contains inhibitors against attack
on ferrous metals
- Unlimited shelf life
- Easy to rinse off
- Fast and effective scale remover
- Removes scale and rust from condensers, evaporators,
heat exchangers, etc.
- Removes water scale from boilers
- Approved by the Norwegian National Institute of Public Health for cleaning of evaporators
Descaling Liquid should not be used on aluminium, zinc, tin, stainless steel or any galvanized surfaces for which a special grade cleaner should be used.
Unitor has developed a 210 litres capacity cleaning unit designet among other for use with chemical acid solutions for cleaning boilers, calorifiers, heat exchangers and other types of equipment where rust and scale form.
Chemical Cleaning Unit: Product no. 664 737189.
Descaling Boilers, Condensers, Evaporators, Calorifiers and Heat exchangers:
See Unitor Unitor Water Treatment Handbook.
Notes regarding safety in descaling operations:
Descaling liquid contains strong acids. Handle with care and pay special attention to Material Safety Data Sheet and / or Product Label. Use personal protection equipment as recommended.
Reaction products from acid components in descaling products may include gasses like carbon dioxide and hydrogen. Formation of hydrogen gas can be monitored with gas detection equipment on the vents. To avoid suffocation and potentially explosive atmosphere, gasses should be removed safely by purging system with water after draining the cleaning solution. Vent of system during descaling operations must be provided for same reason. Always use gas detection equipment to check that the atmosphere is safe before entering confined spaces for inspection after descaling operations. When circulating the descaling solution, always circulate with inlet at the bottom to avoid air pockets and potential entrapment of gaseous reaction products.
- This composition meets the criteria for not being harmful to the marine environment according to MARPOL Annex V and may be discharged into the sea when used to clean cargo holds and external surfaces on ships.
- Approved by the Norwegian National Institute of Public Health for cleaning of evaporators.